Friday, January 30, 2015

Good Morning It's A Great Day to Be A Photographer




Some days are better than others. Today was certainly one of those that falls into the better category. My morning routine is to wake up in the morning, drink a nice cup of French roast coffee and check my emails and Facebook. I had been feeling a little blue about my photography lately and started wondering if I should continue to put so much energy into it since my sales had drastically dropped off. Well this morning the powers that be told me loud and clear to keep going! 

 I first saw a message from a friend on Facebook that said they had seen my photo on the Washington D.C.NBC 4 Weather News . I submit my photos to them when I get a pretty sunrise or snow scene and sometimes I'm lucky enough to have a photo shown during the weather segment. Thank you Tom Kierein! 

Then I got another message in Facebook from   Shenandoah River Outfitters requesting to use one of my photos for thier website in exchange for two free kayak trips on the beautiful Shenandoah River!  How could I refuse?  The photo above is the one that Shenandoah River Outfitters wants to use on their website. 

The photo below is the one that was shown on the Washington D.C.NBC 4 Weather News this morning. 
To anyone reading this blog, I hope you all have a great day too! :-)













Sell Art Online
Art Prints

3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right dear, being a professional Port Macquarie Photographer I will go with your opinion. Anyway can you share some more fact and techniques for industrial photography too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty, I don't really do any industrial photography, I'm primarily a nature photographer . As far as techniques, my digital dark room tools include Photomatix, Photoshop Elements 11, Topaz denoise and Topaz detail and Perfedt effects, sometimes I use multiple exposures. I use a Nikon D300 and my favorite lenses are my Nikon 70-200 2.8, and my 17-35 2.8 (also a Nikon). Hope that helps.Happy Shooting :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete