Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Pay It Forward

Photography Prints I meant to write about this at the time but was too busy and never got to this so here goes. There is a pay it forward story that goes with this photo and one day I hope to do the same for someone when I have the opportunity and the lens. When you are a photographer you tend to have what is often referred to as "lens envy" when you see another photographer with a really impressive expensive lens that you don't have but wish you did. I met a really nice photogrpaher named Roy Woodford last fall and I made a comment about his big lens to that effect and to my surprise he said "would you like to try it?". I felt like I had won the lens lottery! In desbelief I asked "Are you serious?" and it turned out he was! He detatched his camera from the giant lens on the tripod and I very carefully attached mine to it. I think I heard my camera let out a "yippee!". Above is the photo I got with my camera attached to his big lens (a Nikon 600 mm 4.5 for those photographers reading this who are interested).I was amazed by the detail and brightness from the image. It was pretty hard to wipe the smile off my face and I thanked him serveral times. He said "somebody did this for me once". I hope I can do the same for somebody one day and make their day too. If you would like to contribute to my "big lens fund" to help make this happen plese buy one of my prints that would make a lovely addition to the nature lovers wall! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment